The Dethonray HA-2 is a portable headphone amplifier. The design is truly Class A. It uses the Texas Instruments OPA627 operational amplifiers.
The output impedance is just under 0.1 Ω. The amplifier has four power transistors to drive almost any available headphones. It supports 16 – 600 Ω impedance headphones. Battery playing time is approximately 8 hours.
This amplifier is very well designed to deliver pure, accurate and dynamic sound. It works well with highly sensitive IEMs and larger headphones that need more power.
Dethonray HA-2 specification:
- Pure Class A headphone amplifier design
- Input: 1 signal / line in (3.5 mm analog audio input)
- Output: 1 headphone out (3.5 mm analog audio output)
- Output impedance: 0.1 ohm
- Headphone Impedance: 16 – 600ohm
- Maximum power: 300mW at 32ohm
- THD+N: 0.0003% in unloaded condition.
- Channel insulation: 100dB
- SNR: 126dB
- Frequency Response: 10 – 100kHz (-3dB)
- Rated power: 1W
- Battery capacity: 3.7V 2500mAh
- Power supply: DC 5V/2A USB-C connector
- Charging time: 2 hours
- Playtime: 8 hours
- OPAMP circuit: Equipped with original Texas Instruments OPA627 high-end audio on amps. individual chips for both the left and right channel. The discrete component circuits use proprietary OPAMP technology for the voltage of the amplification. This technology avoids noise from the transistor match difference and improves playability.
- A full Class A working status: It avoids the Class AB amplifier circuit crossover distortion.
- Four power transistors: TND+N＜0.0004% (@1KHz RL=600Ω) and output impedance below 0.1Ω, add floating stage in four power transistors to easily drive market popular Headphones. Supports 16-600Ω impedance headphones.
- Loop Non-interference: The wiring of the circuit board is strictly single-point ground to the different routes current loop non-interference. The bias voltage unit is through the independence R&D circuit structure blue LED and geminate transistors.