The Dethonray DTR1 is intended to be a pure, minimalistic and superb sounding Digital Audio Player (DAP)
The Dethonray team made all their design decisions to achieve the best possible sound in this small and budget friendly package. Roughly the size of a deck of playing cards and made from aluminium. Easy to take with you and have a 2 TB music collection in your pocket.
Authoritative reviewers all agree that this player performs at the level of players costoing at least 3 or 4 times the cost of the Dethonray.
Feature wise it does not compete with Android based players with bluetooth, streaming apps and touch interface displays.
This player is all about the sound.
Some quotes from reviewers :
The Dethonray DTR1 is easily the DAP of the year in my book, and I will include it in our Best of 2019 selections. If you want a device that can just play your music archive, there’s not a better option that I can give you. There’s nothing else better for this price tag. It’s as simple as that.
Design and Engineering elements to achieve a better sounding device
- Dethonray wrote their own version of a deeply-customized Linux OS. This results in an audio sub-system that performs 30% more efficient than the ALSA audio sub-system.
- Advanced dual clean power circuitry to ensure Separate power for decoding and amplifying. The DAC and Amplification both have their own separate power. The result is a cleaner. more quiet, detailed and natural sound.
- The Dethonray DTR1 is made with precision-machined aviation grade light-weight aluminum. The smart design shields components from EMI disturbance.
|Chassis||aviation grade, light-weight aluminum alloy|
|OS||Customized, Optimized Linux OS, GUI system patented ”Ocelot”,|
|DIMENSIONS||H100 W56 D16.4 (mm)|
|BATTERY ENDURANCE||10 hours|
|Dethonray Charger||9 volt ( charger included EU or UK)|
|OUTPUTS||3.5 mm Line-out & 3,5 mm Earphone, Headphone|
|FORMAT SUPPORTED||WAV，FLAC，WMA，MP3，APE,AAC，ALAC，AIFF, DFF/DSF, OGG|
|SAMPLE RATE SUPPORTED||44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz|
|MICRO SD CARD SUPPORTED||2T ExFat|
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE||20Hz – 20kHz|
|MAX. POWER OUTPUT||1.7V rms+R：1.7V rms+L (16Ω)|
|Latest Firmware||V 4.0 ( see support / Firmware for download) use FAT32 formatted Micro SD for updates|
What’s included in the box
- Dethonray Prelude DTR1 DAP
- wall charger
- DTR1 founder business card
- user manual